What is the point of getting a facial?
Think of it this way… You want to keep fit, you want to eat well and let’s just say you want to get your hair done. Well, with most health and beauty matters, facials are just as important to prevent and treat common problems.
Change is in the wind!
Did you know the skin suffers every time the season changes? Take the fall season, for example. You turn the heating on for the first time and you might notice a change in your skin, this is inside heat-dehydrated skin. A facial can drastically replace the lack of moisture in the skin. Then come April time and the weather starts to warm up a bit, your skin can get oilier and create breakouts. Facials can rejuvenate your skin as well as treat other skin ailments.
What are the benefits and what can you expect?
– Your skin texture feels smoother.
– Your skin feels hydrated.
– You gain a glowing complexion.
– You have fewer breakouts and firmer skin.
What to do before having a facial?
Facials are relaxing and make you feel good, but if your skin suffers from breakouts and acne, for example, there can be a few uncomfortable moment during the process, however, don’t worry, it’s worth it in the end.
– The skin is properly prepared and softened
– If we are to undertake extraction, we use a magnifying lamp, as we must apply the right pressure and angle to achieve good results. Only a trained and experienced aesthetician will know that.
– You may experience some redness if you have sensitive skin following the facial, however, don’t worry, this will go down in about a day.
How often should I get a facial?
This totally depends on your skin type. We recommend once a month if you can manage it. Facials are far more important for dry or dehydrated skin. If you occasionally get oily skin, the summer is the best time to get a facial. Sunscreen and being outside can affect oily skin.
Make your results last!
In order to maintain good results, you must have facials like a routine check at the dentist. If you do this, you can expect results to last. Before you go to sleep, make sure you remove your makeup either with wipes, soap or a cleanser and toner. Then apply a moisturiser depending on your skin type to maintain hydrated skin.
What aftercare products should I use?
We recommend our Gernetic products. You may ask at the salon for free samples. It is always a good idea to try out our products first on your skin. Our most popular and effective product is SYNCHRO. It can be used for all skin types. The regenerative powers are designed to nourish, revitalise and heal your skin. SYNCHRO was originally developed for skin burns. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. SYNCHRO regulates skin functions and restores its natural defence system. Oiliness, as well as dry skin conditions, is normalised. Using SYNCHRO together with a range of other products like a cleaner, toner and a moisturiser will keep your skin looking radiant.
Key ingredients in SYNCHRO…
– Biological compounds rich in glutamine, arginine, lysine, potassium and magnesium.
– Vitamins A, C, E, H and B complex.
– Calendula and sweet almond oils rich in essential fatty acids.
– Hypericum oil, white beeswax.