Updated Sunday 18th July 2021.
I would like to update you on the actions Nelly Keung Health & Beauty Centre are taking in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Government have announced that from Monday 19th July 2021, covid restrictions will be lifted.
Even though face masks and social distancing are not required in certain circumstances under the new guidelines, we have a commitment to keep our clients and staff safe. Therefore, especially since cases are on the rise, we will be continuing with our safety measures at the salon for the time being.
Safety Measures at the Salon
Please also watch our safety video where Nelly demonstrates the new measures we have taken in the salon https://youtu.be/kQghoeKdz5E.
- Social distancing – For all beauty professionals, it is not possible to adhere to the 2-meter social distance. However, Nelly Keung Health & Beauty Centre have taken a course in infection control and are licensed from BARBICIDE® (see certificate below) whereby we understand the risks of Covid-19 and haven taken all the following measures to mitigate them in the beauty salon.
- New Bookings Policy – All bookings must be done in advanced and we will not accept walk-ins. This is so we can maintain a ‘one client per staff member’ policy in the salon at any one time unless multiple clients who visit the salon together are from the same household. If clients come with individuals who are not from the same household, they will be asked to wait outside the salon. Clients may book using one of the many following ways:
- Covid-19 Waiver Form (When booking) – All clients who book for an appointment must complete our Covid-19 Waiver Form. When booking through the website or mobile app, the form will be presented to you automatically after you’ve selected your date and time. If this form did not appear at the time of booking or if you have not completed it, please click here. All clients must complete the waiver form within 7 days prior to coming to the salon, otherwise, we may not be able to proceed with the appointment. If you have any queries, please do contact us on 020 8647 9101.
- On arrival to the salon – If the client has booked through our online booking system, they will have the option to ‘check-in’ on their phone, which will send us a notification that you have arrived. Otherwise, please knock on the door. All clients must stand behind the yellow stripe marked on the floor outside the salon. We would appreciate if clients would arrive on time or a few minutes before their appointment to avoid delays for the following clients, as we will need time to prepare and clean the room and equipment between clients. Thank you for your cooperation.
- NHS Track & Trace – On Thursday 24th September 2020, the Government announced the release of the NHS Covid-19 app for Track and Trace. We have been asked to inform all clients that when they come into the salon, they must have this app downloaded on their devices. Once open, you will be able to ‘check-in’ using the QR code provided near the entrance. Click here to download the app.
- Payments – For the moment, we will only be accepted payments by credit or debit card.
- Cancellation Policy and Amendments – During the pandemic, we will permit any client to cancel up until the point of their booking if we are informed of symptoms of Covid-19. Please contact us on 020 8647 9101. Otherwise, our standard 24-hour cancellation policy applies.
- PPE – Masks are to be worn by all staff and clients at the salon. We ask for all clients to bring their own mask. However, we will be providing a disposable mask for every client if necessary. We understand that certain services will make it difficult to wear a mask. When it is necessary to remove a mask to undertake certain treatments, we will ask the client to remove the mask once they are ready in the treatment room. Staff will also be wearing a visor or eye protection, mask and gloves at all times. This is to mitigate the risk as much as possible with everyone coming into the salon. We will be applying deep cleaning measures in the treatment rooms in preparation before and after every client. If you have any queries or concerns, please give us a call on 020 8647 9101 or speak to your therapist on the day of your appointment who has been trained and informed of all safety measures and procedures.
- Infection control – On top of our usual high standards of cleaning, we will be implementing further cleaning and disinfection measures of all, including but not limited to, equipment, work stations, door handles, and counters, before and after every client. We are also implementing handwashing standards for every client as they enter the salon. Hand sanitiser will also be available in various areas of the salon.
- Symptoms – As always, if clients are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, they are to not come to the salon and stay home as per the Government’s guidelines.
We want to create an environment where everyone is comfortable and protected as much as possible, by abiding by the guidelines by the Government and the BARBICIDE® Covid-19 course for beauty professionals. We appreciate your understanding during this time and will keep you informed as further announcements come from the Government.
Thank you for supporting us during this time as we will continue to deliver our quality standards that you have become accustomed to, over our 30 years of business in Wallington. I wish you and your family good health and be safe and well, and I hope to see you in the not too distant future.
#InThisTogether #StayHome #StaySafe #SaveLives #Covid19
All the very best,