Updated Saturday 23rd May 2020.
I would like to update you on the actions Nelly Keung Health & Beauty Centre are taking in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following the announcement on Monday 23rd March 2020 from Boris Johnson, we have temporarily closed the salon.
As restrictions are starting to lift, we have been notified by the Government that we are to open again on Saturday 4th July 2020. In preparation for our opening, we will be making certain adjustments to abide by the current guidelines.
- Social distancing – For all beauty professionals, it is not possible to adhere to the 2-meter social distance. However, Nelly Keung Health & Beauty Centre have taken a course in infection control and are licensed from BARBICIDE® (see certificate below) whereby we understand the risks of Covid-19 and haven taken all the following measures to mitigate them in a beauty salon.
- New Bookings Policy – All bookings must be done in advanced and we will not accept walk-ins. This is so we can maintain a ‘one client per staff member’ policy in the salon at any one time unless multiple clients who visit the salon together are from the same household. On arrival at the salon, we will instruct and identity where clients can wait for their scheduled appointment. Clients may book using one of the many following ways:
- Call – 020 8647 9101
- WhatsApp – 020 8647 9101
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online – nellysbeautyhouse.com/book-online/
- Mobile App – Search “Nelly’s Beauty House”
- Facebook/Instagram – Search “Nelly’s Beauty House”
- Bookings scheduled during the lockdown – With the uncertainly and regular updates from the Government on when we can open again, some clients may have booked for appointments during the lockdown period. Therefore, do not worry, we have a record of the booking and will be making direct contact to re-arrange for when the lockdown is lifted for us. At the moment, the Government have notified that we can open from Saturday 4th July 2020.
- Cancellation Policy and Amendments – During the pandemic, we will permit any client to cancel up until the point of their booking if we are informed of symptoms of Covid-19.
- PPE – Masks are to be worn by all staff and clients. We will be providing a disposable mask for every client. We understand that certain services will make it difficult to wear a mask. When it is necessary to remove a mask to undertake treatment, we will put measures in place to protect both members of staff and clients. Staff will also be wearing a visor and gloves at all times. This is to mitigate the risk as much as possible with everyone coming into the salon. Therefore, we will be providing a
- Infection control – On top of our usual high standards of cleaning, we will be implementing further cleaning and disinfection measures of all, including but not limited to, equipment, work stations, door handles, and counters, before and after every client. We are also implementing handwashing standards for every client as they enter the salon.
- Symptoms – As always, if clients are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, they are to not come to the salon and stay home as per the Government’s guidelines.
We want to create an environment where everyone is comfortable and protected as much as possible, by abiding by the guidelines by the Government and the BARBICIDE® Covid-19 course for beauty professionals. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
We will keep you informed as further announcements come from the Government.
Thank you for supporting us during this time as we will continue to deliver our quality standards that you have become accustomed to, over our 30 years of business in Wallington. I wish you and your family good health and be safe and well, and I hope to see you in the not too distant future.
If you have any queries, please contact me directly on 020 8647 9101 or via a WhatsApp message at any time, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will still be open to receive calls and bookings during this period.
#InThisTogether #StayHome #StaySafe #SaveLives
All the very best,